At Alyth Photography Ltd, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. When you use our website or submit information to us, we act as the “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for keeping your information private and secure.
We may then pass this information onto trusted third part partners, known as “data processors”. These partners may use and securely store your information as detailed below. These companies may also be data controllers themselves, with their own strict privacy policies in place.
We keep this page up to date so that you, our valued customers, have the peace of mind that we will only ever collect and use your information responsibly. By using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
This Policy serves actions on the website, forms, fulfilling your order, invoicing, books & records and the software we use to carry out all the functions in fulfilling your order.
Who we are?
Alyth Photography Ltd of 12 Tay Road, Alyth, Blairgowrie, Perthshire PH11 8EB UK. Registered in Scotland: SC152833.
The company acts as Data Controller when dealing with your details.
The Data Protection Officer is John Lindsay, the Director.
Alyth Photography Ltd is a Photographer Business. Photography mainly in Portraits, Family, Pets, Equestrian, Weddings, Commercial, Livestock, Landscapes.
What information do we collect?
We only collect the data necessary for us to contact you and carry out the necessary tasks to complete your order.
We changed to a website provider (Smugmug) who can provide us with an “https” secure website. They are in the USA and are GDPR Compliant. Secure servers and your data is encrypted and securely backed up.
We will only receive your data if you fill our Contact page or one of our Landing Pages which you have decided to look at following online advertising.
Data Collected: Your Name, Email Address, Your Phone Number(s), Best Time to Contact you, Any Question or Comment you have at the time.
You are also asked if you want to receive any details of your offers in the future. You have a free choice of Yes or No. If you select “Yes”, your form details will be held in a list in a securely password protected and encrypted folder which is securely backed up in the Cloud. If you select “No”, your details will be deleted on completion of your order.
When you are contacted by us you will be asked for your Address. This is required because you are usually photographed at home and we also need your address for the invoice.
You will also be asked for information relevant to the photo-shoot such as number of people in a group, number and breeds of pets. This is to help prepare for your photo-shoot and increase your enjoyment of the experience. This information is written in a book and deleted securely on completion of the order. The book is held under lock and key.
We receive the data from our forms on Wufoo.com in the USA. Wufoo had previously announced that they are GDPR Compliant.
Your data is encrypted and securely backed up.
We can delete this data any time we are required to.
We also receive data through Customer Enquiry Cards through some Promotions. These cards give us the same type of data as the Wufoo.com forms and the data is treated the same way. The cards are held under lock & key. If you say “Yes” to information from us on offers, your data will be transferred to the same list as the on-line data above and the card destroyed. If you say “No”, you card will be destroyed on completion of your order
We never hold any payment data.
We take cash and cheques and you are encouraged to pay directly via on-line banking.
The on-line payments are made by your own bank’s on-line payment system
How do we use personal information?
• Providing goods and services – We require Name, Telephone and Best Contact Time to arrange an appointment for the photo-shoot. The Address is required so that the photographer knows where to go for the photo-shoot. We need the details to make an invoice.
• Delivering marketing and events communication – In the future we may give you information on offers and we need your contact details. This would only be done if you have initially given consent.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
• Consent – On all forms (online or cards) you have the option to give consent to Alyth Photography Ltd contacting you in future with offers. Your data will be held in a secure file. You can at any time ask to be removed from our marketing list by informing us through the contact form on the website’s “Contact Me” page. You can also email or write to us to ask to be removed. Your details will be removed from the list file.
• Contract – The data is required to carry out your order. We need to contact you to arrange a suitable date and time for the photoshoot. We need the address so we know where to go to take the photos. Your finished pictures need to be delivered to you so we need your address. If you decide to have your finished photo album, book or usb personalised then we need your details.
• Legitimate Interests – We may wish to contact existing clients (who have given consent) for marketing purposes. For instance, we may contact a family after a few years to give them the opportunity to have more photographs taken now that the kids are more grown up. This gives the clients an experience of having a family record hanging on their walls.
When do we share personal data?
Alyth Photography Ltd take confidentiality seriously. No other company or individual has access to the data. There is no reason for others to see it.
John Lindsay is the only person with access and he has the authority to delete data on completion of the order or when asked.
Wufoo has secure backups and cloud which are GDPR compliant.
Alyth Photography Ltd has password protection, encryption backup and cloud.
The accountant and HMRC are also GDPR Compliant.
• Alyth Photography Ltd does not intend to share any personal data except for the following reasons which are essential for us to complete the contract and run the business legally.
• Data is shared with Wufoo.com because their form gathers the data and they store it. We have access to this data.
• Our accountant needs to see our books and records and our invoices in order to carry out the Company Accounts each year end.
• HMRC may need to see the invoices if they have a need to. This is unlikely to happen.
Where do we store and process personal data?
Wufoo.com stores the initial data safely. Although they are in the USA they have many clients in Europe so they have been through the processes to become GDPR Compliant.
They have proved this to Alyth Photography Ltd having met the necessary criteria for the EU.
Alyth Photography stored the data in password protected /encrypted files.
The data is stored mainly for its contact details but also for producing invoices
This data is backed up on a separate secure drive and also in the cloud.
How do we secure personal data?
• Data is stored and backed up securely both at Alyth Photography Ltd and Wufoo.com.
• This ensures that accidental loss will not be an issue and neither should disaster recovery be required because the data is on two sites.
• In order to prevent unauthorised access to the data and to restrict access the pc at Alyth Photography Ltd has password protection, encrypted files and Mcafee All Access protection and only John Lindsay knows the passwords.
• Data filled out on customer cards are stored under lock and key at Alyth Photography Ltd. This data is also transferred to the pc.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
• In the case of clients who have given their permission to keep their data for future marketing, we will keep the data for as long as they wish us to keep it or for as long as it is useful to Alyth Photography Ltd.
• For those who don’t want us to keep their details, it will be deleted one month after the completion of the order.
• Deletion will be done on the secure files on the pc, backup & cloud.
• Deletion will be made on the Wufoo.com data by John Lindsay.
• Any customer card data will be shredded. Your rights in relation to personal data
• Alyth Photography Ltd respects your right to access and control of your data.
• You can contact us by filling in the form on the “Contact Me” form with a title such as “Withdrawal” or “Consent” or “Access” or “Correction” and filling in your request in more detail in the Message box.
• This means that you can ask to see your data, withdraw your consent, have your data deleted, have corrections or updates made.
• In order to verify you are who you say you are, Alyth Photography Ltd will contact you by telephone and ask for your invoice number or what pictures you ordered. It may even be necessary to visit you.
• Once your identity has been confirmed we will apply the requested action on your data within 30 days.
• The only personal data which cannot be deleted on your request is that which is on the invoices because this is essential for our accountant to carry out our annual accounts.
Use of automated decision-making and profiling:
Alyth Photography Ltd does not carry out any automated decision-making and profiling.
How to contact us?
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint. you can contact Alyth Photography Ltd by:
Post: 12 Tay Road, Alyth, Blairgowrie, Perthshire PH11 8EB UK
Telephone: 01828 632010, Mobile 07754 122590
• Some cookies record how the website is navigated, which pages are most popular and how long users stay on pages. This type of information is used by us to make the website more interesting to visit.
• You can turn off the cookies in your browser but some functionality may not perform as efficiently as it was intended.
Linking to other websites / third party content:
The only link is to Wufoo.com and this is to the form in the Alyth Photography Ltd account with Wufoo.com.
We have control of this form and the data created by it.
The form on this link appears on our website.
Nothing else from Wufoo.com is accessed via the link.